At the time of providing our quotations, the UK is again experiencing heightened risk from the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. The Government continues to review its position and the implementation of further (as yet) unspecified measures to combat the spread of the virus cannot be ruled out. In the event that such measures are put in place which impact on our ability to provide services to you (including but not limited to us having to suspend or cancel in full the services), or the virus otherwise affects our ability to fulfil your relocation, we will not be in a position to accept any liability for any losses that may arise and we limit our liability accordingly. We are keeping the matter under careful review and will ensure that all customers are advised of any developments that may affect fulfilment of contracted services.
Our priority continues to be to safeguard the health and safety of our customers, staff and wider business contacts, whilst also ensuring that we can continue to provide you with the best possible customer service.
With this in mind, we have introduced the following key measures within the business to support this including:
Standard health Policy
Whilst carrying out the removal, our crew should ALWAYS:
- Plan for zero contact – call the customer before arriving to ask if doors can be open ready and request they remain in another room for the duration of the job.
- Wash or sanitise your hands before arriving at the property and when you leave.
- Observe the Social Distancing guidelines and keep 2M from others. It will not always be possible to keep 2M from your colleagues. For example, when you are sat in a vehicle together, or when it is required to work in close proximity to ensure safe manual handling. Keep to the 2M rule wherever possible and ensure good ventilation in the vehicle and on sites. The same crews will be kept together wherever practical and there will be a maximum of 2 x crew per vehicle.
- Regularly wipe down frequently touched objects or surfaces such as steering wheel, door handles.
- Use appropriate PPE – the current NHS/PHE (Public Health England) guidance is that they do not recommend the use of face masks or disposable gloves so long as no one has symptoms.
If you choose to use gloves please make sure they are removed immediately after the job, in the correct way, by peeling downwards away from the wrist, turning the glove inside out. Dispose of the gloves and wash or sanitise your hands.
If you choose to use a disposable face mask, make sure you wash or sanitise your hands before removing and only use the ear loops to remove – do not touch the front. Dispose of the mask and wash or sanitise your hands.
PPE (face masks and disposable gloves) and wipes will be made available and each employee will be required to carry a small supply and use if required by the customer or building management.
Whilst carrying out the removal. Our crew should NEVER:
- Continue to work if you become unwell with a new continuous cough or high temperature – call the office immediately.
- Enter a property if someone is displaying symptoms.
- Be within 2m of customers or others on site.
- Touch your face, smoke, eat or drink until your hands have been washed or sanitised.
Official Government Statement
Removal firms are able to carry out work but their usual procedures may be different to ensure moves take place as safely as possible.
- There is no guarantee your chosen removal firm will be operating at the time you require. We encourage you to contact removal firms as early as possible in advance of your move date.
- If removal firms are unavailable, another household can help you move your belongings, but social distancing guidelines and hygiene measures should be followed where possible.
- You and your household should also try and do as much of the packing yourself as possible. However, where you are using a removals firm, you may wish to get their advice on packing in advance, in particular the arrangements for packing fragile items.
- We ask that, where possible, you clean your belongings with standard domestic cleaning products before they are handled by others, including removal firms.
- While the removers are in your home, you should ensure any internal doors are open and try to minimise your contact with the removers, maintaining a distance of at least 2 metres where possible.
- All parties should wash their hands regularly and/or use hand sanitiser and should avoid touching surfaces where possible to reduce the risk of transmitting COVID-19.
- You should not provide refreshments but you should ensure removers have access to hand washing facilities, using separate towels or paper towels if possible, which should be washed or safely disposed of afterwards.”
As the situation progresses, we will provide updates as and when necessary.
Thank you for your continued understanding